Learning Outcomes for Children with Special Needs: Physical Disabilities
Lesson 1: What Are Physical Disabilities/Impairments?
After completing Lesson 1, you will be able to;
- explain the purpose, content, and function of early intervention service plans;
- identify the goals of early education for children with special needs;
- describe signs that young children’s development is not progressing normally and report your observations to parents.
Lesson 2: Conditions That Result in Disabilities/Impairments
After completing Lesson 2, you will be able to
- describe the symptoms of major physical disabilities;
- explain ways to provide appropriate care for children with various physical disabilities;
- identify and describe symptoms that signal possible problems associated with various physical impairments and share these observations with parents.
Lesson 3: Teaching Children with Physical Disabilities/Impairments
After completing Lesson 3, you will be able to
- list appropriate goals for your early childhood program;
- construct specific teaching guidelines and methods to meet the needs of each child with physical disabilities;
- explain ways to adapt your curriculum to meet the needs of each child with physical disabilities.
Click here to return to the course description page.