Learning Outcomes for Great Beginnings: An Introduction to Child Care
Lesson 1: Child Development
After completing Lesson 1, you will be able to:
- identify techniques to facilitate young children’s physical, cognitive, and language development;
- describe the stages of young children’s cognitive development;
- select appropriate learning activities for young children;
- describe the ways in which children’s motor skills develop.
Lesson 2: Interacting with Children
After completing Lesson 2, you will be able to:
- choose strategies for building children’s self-esteem and promoting cooperation;
- distinguish effective positive guidance techniques from ineffective and detrimental punishments;
- explain why children bite and how adults can address the problem of biting;
- choose strategies for helping children with special needs succeed in an early childhood program.
Lesson 3: Health and Safety
After completing Lesson 3, you will be able to:
- select techniques for maintaining children’s health and safety;
- describe recommended procedures for handling accidents and injuries;
- identify the signs of child abuse and neglect;
- explain what you should do if you believe a child is being abused or neglected.
Click here to return to the course description page.