Learning outcomes for: The Early Childhood Professional
16 Clock Hours / 1.6 CEUs / $57.00
Lesson 1: Standards for a High-Quality Child Care Environment
After completing Lesson 1, you will be able to
- identify the elements of a high-quality early childhood program;
- discuss developmentally appropriate practices;
- list various program requirements and rules applicable to your child care setting and the responsibilities of your role;
- describe the qualities, standards, responsibilities, and rights of professional caregivers.
Lesson 2: Responsibilities to Children: Physical and Emotional Safety
After completing Lesson 2, you will be able to
- explain policies and procedures for creating a safe physical environment for young children;
- describe how the conduct of early childhood professionals can provide children with a positive social-emotional environment.
Lesson 3: Responsibilities to Children: Development and Learning
After completing Lesson 3, you will be able to
- discuss how you can create lifelong learners by understanding how children learn and develop, including fostering early literacy, math, and science learning;
- describe strategies for facilitating learning by providing appropriate challenges, discovering children’s interests, and offering an engaging curriculum.
Lesson 4: Diversity, Communication,
and the Early Childhood Professional
After completing Lesson 4, you will be able to
- discuss the meaning of diversity, and how to avoid harmful stereotypes and bias in an early childhood setting;
- identify ways to establish effective communication with children’s parents and coworkers.
Lesson 5: Stress and Child Care
After completing Lesson 5, you will be able to
- identify sources, signs, and effects of stress and ways you can cope and prevent job burnout;
- discuss sources, signs and effects of stress in children and families and ways to support them.
*Learning outcomes are measurable statements that let you know what you will be able to do as a result of successfully completing this course.
Click here to return to the course description page.