Making Learning Fun | Learning Outcomes
20 Clock Hours / 2.0 CEUs / $60.00
Lesson 1: How Children Learn
After completing Lesson 1, you will be able to
- explain the importance of play in young children’s learning;
- discuss your role in making learning fun for children;
- identify the benefits of a developmentally appropriate approach to early childhood curriculum.
- explain strategies to assume an appropriate and beneficial role in children’s learning.
Lesson 2: Making Learning Fun with Projects and Creative Art
After completing Lesson 2, you will be able to
- identify strategies for implementing the project approach in early childhood programs;
- discuss the benefits of process-focused art experiences;
- recognize how to select creative art activities;
- explain strategies for creating an effective art learning center.
Lesson 3: Making Learning Fun with Emerging Literacy and Music
After completing Lesson 3, you will be able to
- describe ways in which children develop emerging literacy skills;
- discuss strategies for providing creative emerging literacy experiences to children in your program;
- describe ways in which children learn through music;
- discuss strategies for providing creative music experiences to children in your program.
Lesson 4: Making Learning Fun with Active Indoor Play
After completing Lesson 4, you will be able to
- describe ways in which children learn by playing with blocks;
- explain the role of pretend play in children’s learning and development;
- identify skills that children develop by participating in cooking activities.
Lesson 5: Making Learning Fun with Outdoor Play
After completing Lesson 5, you will be able to
- discuss the benefits of outdoor play for young children;
- describe how to set up the outdoor play area in ways that promote children’s development and learning.
*Learning outcomes are measurable statements that let you know what you will be able to do as a result of successfully completing this course.
Click here to return to the course description page.