Preschoolers in Child Care | Learning Outcomes
20 Clock Hours / 2.0 CEUs / $60.00
Lesson 1: Physical Development
After completing Lesson 1, you will be able to:
- describe typical physical growth patterns of young children;
- explain the four phases of motor development;
- describe skills, functions and traits of the brain;
- describe aspects of typical perceptual and motor skill development for young children;
- identify methods for facilitating young children’s optimum motor development.
Lesson 2: Cognitive Development
After completing Lesson 2, you will be able to:
- identify various concepts children need to learn and how to support their learning;
- describe typical language development levels of young children;
- identify methods for facilitating children’s language development;
- describe how to support children’s development through play activities.
Lesson 3: Emotional Development
After completing Lesson 3, you will be able to:
- describe the characteristics of typical 3-, 4-, and 5-year-olds’ emotional development;
- explain how temperament, distractibility , approach, adaptability, intensity levels influence children’s behavior;
- describe terms related to emotional development and strategies for meeting children’s emotional needs.
Lesson 4: Social Development
After completing Lesson 4, you will be able to:
- list forms of play that are important for preschoolers;
- identify typical social development levels of children at ages 3, 4, and 5;
- identify characteristics of children who act as bullies and those who are bullied;
- identify strategies for helping children learn pro-social skills.
Lesson 5: Health and Safety for Preschoolers
After completing Lesson 5, you will be able to:
- describe how diet and the environment impacts children’s health;
- identify strategies for teaching children how to stay safe;
- identify guidelines for safe play space and play equipment;
- describe various safety practices, policies, and procedures.
*Learning outcomes are measurable statements that let you know what you will be able to do as a result of successfully completing this course.
Click here to return to the course description page.