north carolina inservice training

Care Courses
North Carolina Child Care Training

National Childcare Credentials in North Carolina:

Use our courses toward a CDA as well as to renew your CDA, NAC or CCP.

Click for more information: National Child Care Credentials

North Carolina Childcare Training Requirements: 

Care Courses are approved for in-service training for those who work in childcare programs and family child care homes regulated by the North Carolina Division of Child Development. This includes staff, facility directors, administrators, lead teachers, teachers, teacher aides, caregivers, operators, substitutes and volunteers.

All Care Courses which grant 0.5 CEUs (5 Hours) of training or more are accepted towards renewing an Early Education Certification (EEC)

Please Note: Keeping Infants Safe and Safe Baby, Safe Child are approved for in-service training, but both Keeping Infants Safe and Safe Baby, Safe Child are not approved for North Carolina child care worker’s ITS-SIDS training. SIDS training must be obtained in person from specifically trained and authorized presenters. Contact the North Carolina Child Care Health and Safety Resource Center at 1-800-367-2229, for further information regarding the SIDS training in North Carolina.

Emergency Preparedness in Child Care is approved for in-service training but it is not accepted for North Carolina’s Emergency Preparedness and Response in Child Care training requirement. Click here for more information on the Emergency Preparedness and Response in Child Care training requirement.

What North Carolina students say:

"I am enjoying the course very much!! I love having the book to highlight and read anywhere; but at the same time having access online to quiz or study. I will definitely plan on taking more courses. I am learning so much new and knowledgeable information about Child Care Administration. Such great info included in my first lesson on interviewing, policies, and procedures. I have begun my first quiz-wish me well??! God bless." 

Hayesville, North Carolina


Opening a child care facility in North Carolina:

For those of you interested in starting a day care or home-based child care facility in North Carolina, please contact your state licensing agency using the contact information below. The licensing agency can give you advice on the requirements, rules and regulations of your state.

North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services

Division of Child Development and Early Education
Phone: (919) 814-6300 or (800) 859-0829