Understanding Each Other: Communicating with Families, Staff and Your Community | Learning Outcomes
9 Clock Hours / 0.9 CEUs / $48.00
Lesson 1: Skills for Effective Communication
After completing Lesson 1, you will be able to:
- identify components of effective verbal and written communication
- recognize how to use expressive and receptive nonverbal communication effectively
- describe how to use communication to foster positive relationships and solve problems in your early childhood community
Lesson 2: Communicating with Families and the Community
After completing Lesson 2, you will be able to:
- list information teachers and parents should provide to each other
- identify how to prepare for and conduct teacher–parent conferences
- identify ways to ensure positive, productive relationships with parents and your local community
Lesson 3: Working with Colleagues
After completing Lesson 3, you will be able to:
- identify important aspects of communication and collaboration among coworkers;
- describe characteristics of effective feedback;
- describe the purpose and types of coaching.
*Learning outcomes are measurable statements that let you know what you will be able to do as a result of successfully completing this course.
Click here to return to the course description page.