kansas childcare training courses

Care Courses
Kansas Child Care Training

National Childcare Credentials in Kansas:

Use our courses toward a CDA as well as to renew your CDA, NAC or CCP.

Click for more information: National Child Care Credentials

Click to learn how the CDA can benefit you in Kansas.

Kansas Childcare Training Requirements:

Care Courses (with the exception of Child Abuse and Neglect*) are accepted by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment for clock hours of training for those who work in preschools, child care centers, group day care homes, day care homes, school age programs, and residential centers. This includes program directors, teaching staff, volunteers, primary care providers, child care personnel and licensees.

*Please note: The child abuse and neglect training requirement for child care providers in Kansas must be taken in the state of Kansas and approved by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment/Child Care Licensing program.

What Kansas students say:

"I thoroughly enjoyed my first course, "Toddlers in Child Care." I have worked mostly with toddlers in childcare centers, but I learned so much in your course. I signed up for my second course, " Managing Health and Safety in Child Care" and just completed it last night! I am currently working at a Child Welfare organization and your section on abused and neglected children was right on track. I especially loved the section on supporting the parents when the children do remain in the home. This is usually the best option for children and these parents need as much support as possible. Thank you so much for making this type of format available. Care Courses has worked wonderfully with my full-time work schedule."

- Dodge City, Kansas
"I loved downloading the course as it gave me time to read in my spare time. I could pick a time when it was quiet, and I have the course on hand when I want to go back and reread it if I want. Thank you for offering these [The Early Childhood Professional and Preschoolers in Child Care] online."

- Baxter Springs, Kansas


Opening a child care facility in Kansas:

For those of you interested in starting a day care or home-based child care facility in Kansas, please contact your state licensing agency using the contact information below. The licensing agency can give you advice on the requirements, rules and regulations of your state.

Kansas Department of Health and Environment

Child Care Licensing          
Phone: (785) 296-1270
Email: kdhe.cclr@ks.gov