Care Courses Alaska Child Care Training

National Childcare Credentials in Alaska

Use our courses toward a CDA as well as to renew your CDA, NAC or CCP.

Alaska Childcare Training Requirements

All Care Courses are accepted by the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services Child Care Program Office and by the Municipality of Anchorage. Care Courses are accepted for annual training clock hours for administrators, child care associates, employees, student interns, substitute caregivers and part-time caregivers in child care centers, group homes, and child care homes.

Care Courses is a SEED-approved Trainer and Training Organization.

Click here to learn more about the AK-ECAC credential.

Call us to learn how Care Courses can meet Alaska’s Health and Safety Orientation Training Requirement.

What Alaska students say:

"I studied my course non-stop this weekend, except for meals and church. As of this month I have been doing day care for 17 years, and I thought I knew it all. Boy, was I surprised. Now when Monday comes I will know how to treat this one 4-year-old boy with a completely different understanding. I have learned so much from these courses. Thanks again and again."

- Seward, Alaska
"I am very pleased with the courses I took. I must say that in my opinion, it is super convenient because right now between work and my family I barely have time to 'comb my hair'... So it is the best way to learn something new, remember stuff I learned long time ago and complete the training hours that I am required to have. Thank you very much for having this wonderful program available for people that do not have time to attend classes like me."

- Fairbanks, Alaska
"I love your courses! As a member of the early childhood education community, I have taught for 32 years. It is refreshing to have new information readily available, to review basic information and have it all conveyed in an organized, interesting fashion.”

- Fairbanks, Alaska

 Opening a child care facility in Alaska

For those of you interested in starting a day care or home-based child care facility in Alaska, please contact your state licensing using the contact information below. The licensing agency can give you advice on the requirements, rules and regulations of your state.

Department of Health and Social Services

Alaska Child Care Program Office
Phone: (888) 268-4632